Sunday, November 1, 2015

Anything Post #2

Try, Try Again

In 5th grade, my teacher would post a poem each month on the board and we were asked to memorize it by the end of the month and recite it to the class. Out of all the poems that I memorized during my years as a 5th grader, it was interesting to see that this particular poem stayed with me until now.           

Try, Try Again

From The Book of Virtues by William J. Bennett

'Tis a lesson you should heed,
Try, try again;
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again;
Then your courage should appear,
For, if you will persevere,
You will conquer, never fear;
Try, try again.

The poem is very catchy, it's easy to memorize, and it is a useful lesson. The poem taught me that making mistakes are fine as long as you don't give up and keep trying. And in the end you will succeed. Growing up, this poem has reminded me to keep persevering. I have lived, not giving up and I believe I am more successful because of that. I believe that this poem was a great lesson that my 5th grade teacher had taught me and for that I am grateful. 

 


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement happy, I will continue to try, try again as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you found such wonderful encouragement at an early age. I feel like it's important to find positive things in life that we keep throughout as we grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared this at this time of the year. With the semester getting tough, it is good to realize that we must continue trying and if we do we will eventually succeed. Never give up, Fight On!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was some good "Monday Motivation". No matter how hard things get, one should never give up. It may take very long to achieve what you long for, but when you do achieve it in the end you realize that wait was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I think it was the right time to post it :D Trying can never harm. I think more teachers should do that it school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this poem is so great! It is well written and has a powerful message. I definitely feel like I live by this poem always trying and never giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My life motto, don't worry be Happy (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete